Saturday, July 7, 2007

Summer Trend: Metallic Nails

Black nails served us all well through the winter. Even if I looked like a giant puff schlepping in the snow, i felt a little more chic because of my darkly stained nails. Then we transitioned to white nails for spring, a look that was oddly appealing and reminded me of lazy afternoons in middle school, using white out as a top coat.

My favorite tiny fashionista is my littlest sister SAB and when I was dabbling with black nail polish she had already moved on to the world of metallic tones. She rocked a silvery color that I always used on vacations home (Its Wet and Wild and goes on surprisingly smooth).

So, inspired by the adorable SAB I have been on my own hunt for the perfect metallic shade. I found it last week at Max Studio when I noticed the pixie featured saleswoman's nails. They were a sharp blue with a metallic sheen. She told me her color was from OPI and after intensive Google research, I present to you, the ultimate summer shade: blue my mind by OPI.

It's fun but not offensive (some of those day-glo shades can be painfully tacky) and the metallic touch adds some glamour to a very downtown look.



++
SB

3 comments:

Sophia said...

whos this SAB? she seems shamefully smart, beautiful, and fashionable. =]

Unknown said...

oh snap i'ma buy me some o' dat stat

S.K.S. said...

omg...I definitely got a manicure today and asked for that exact shade! And I hadn't even read this post or been paying attention to the metallic trend (I know, I know...Sabrina not paying attention to fashion and appearance is a shocker), but it works for me :)