Tuesday, January 30, 2007

take it OFF!

Change starts at the Home. And in this spirit I dissect one of my closest friends and readers in her fashion choice. This young lady is usually put together and her style is a mix of prep, chic and the occasional trend or two.

Unfortunately...she was overzealous putting together this ensemble. There are just too many trends!! Its a Sienna Miller moment (who i adore on occasion, am disgusted by at other times).

1. Mixing patterns
the Michael Stars black and white striped tank with JCrew tartan rainboots. definitely a no.
Use your brains people!!!
hint: encourage nemi to mix patterns...this will make her look like a fool and about 10 pounds heavier.
2. Juicy Couture hoodie
Cute but very college girl cliche. Try to be more unique dear.
3. Abercrombie layered skirt
this is my fave piece of the outfit. Recycling spring clothes for fall/early winter is a MUST. This is an easy way to add variety to your wardrobe. Tights make a warm weather skirt cozy.




Please don't take this personally! You know who you are. I only do this because I care! (Well at least I'm pretending I care which is close enough anyways)

Fashionably yours,
SB

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ooh! i know that chick! she has the best of intentions but yes, sometimes tries too hard. she's just overcompensating for the days when she doesn't have time to look nice. :)

Sophia said...

gahhh, i know her. and she actually asked me my opinion on that outfit that night. i told her no white after labor day. but she ignored that. what do you have to say about out of season whites?