Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Color is the New Black

Take off your Chanel black nail posh. Even if the weather isn't on schedule (hail in April? Now that's as cruel as an invite only sample sale) you should bring out your spring frocks, colorful tops and tropical accessories. Lets all pretend its spring, even if we have to layer with sweaters and tights.

1. French Connection has a fun and flirty trapeze dress. The geometric patterned dress mixes
bright colors in a non-offensive way. Sometimes color can accost the eye, but I think the black borders mute the palette making it palatable. I love that you can wear it as a loose trapeze dress, perfect for running to the beach, or cinched, to meet the bf for brunch. Pick it up from nordstrom.com for $168.
2. I adore this Missoni-esque tank top from Old Navy. It would be perfect over your light wash Sevens or with a frayed mini. You can own this lovely piece for only $10.

3. Dolce Vita has delicious lemon sandals (put 'em in the closet til it warms up) from shopbop.com for $100.


4. You can stow your loot in this nautical inspired tote from J.Crew for only $40. This is an easy way to transition your stuff from the utilitarian bag you wore all winter. 5. I don't usually like Coach products (the obnoxious C's, the high school girls who think they are the epitome of chic with khaki logo totes) but this coin purse is so adorable. I love the chain link strap and the sunny hue. For $98 you can brighten up your look.


++
SB

3 comments:

Cassie said...

That coin purse looks like a lemon wedge haha. Miss you cutie!

Cassie said...

I am in a meeting and not paying attention (hello bad habits) anyways I was just leafing through some of your favorites and got lead back to this lovely page and just, I know I always give you positives but I have to say a huge boo, poop and gross to the pink bag. And no its not part of my ongoing rant against jcrew, its just tooooo pink. But sometimes too much of something is good, I mean look at you SB you are tooooo cute and its wonderful. OK back to the meeting.
++++++++++

Fareesa said...

I love the yellow purse. Although it makes me hungry, which will not help my diet... i still think its very chic!