Monday, April 9, 2007

In the Details

I love a shock of print. A little leopard clutch or houndstooth flats peeping out under your slightly flared denim.

However, the other day I saw a gross violation, a juxtaposition of print and color that was unnaturally ghastly. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture but maybe it is for the best, the image is still seared into my brain. A woman wore a leopard jacket, a pink leopard tote and (the pièce de résistance) hot pink pleather boots crept up her calves.

I was in pain.
So I tried to surround myself with beautiful sights and sounds like the following.

1. Wear this lbd. The print around the neck is just stunning. You can pick up this Fighting Eel dress for $218 from girlshop.com. It's worth the price because you can wear it with sandals or up the va-voom factor with the following shoes.


2. Slip on these platform pumps from Dolce Vita. They're on sale for $50 from shopdolcevita.com . I think the gold and weave details make these shoes so enticing.

3. Listen to Scotland's Paulo Nutini. His song"New Shoes" is catchy and fun and we can all relate to this line: "Hey, I put some new shoes on, And suddenly everything is right"
20 year old Nutini has a soulful voice but you'll want to dance to his songs around your room, in your underwear channeling Cameron Diaz.
You can check him out at http://paolonutini.imeem.com/music/
++
SB

2 comments:

Cassie said...

I like the slow creep of musical advice into this blog my love, I know SB has been a monumental influence on my dancing around in my underwear playlists so I thank you.

Fareesa said...

I wish I would have gotten a better picture of th woman. I have a tiny shot of her which I will gmail to SB shortly ;)