Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Feb.10

I've never posted a picture of myself on my blog before but I am going to start posting looks I liked that vary from my usual studious uniform of Converse shoes, J brand jeans and assorted variety of colorful sweaters coupled with immaturely chipping nailpolish in a variety of garish or somber tones.

If I start to feel shy about putting my visage and style on the www (or more likely, insecure compared to the wonderful styles of my favorite fashion bloggers Susie and Jane), this feature will cease to exist!

No matter, from now I will place myself at the mercy of my four readers (Hi mom!) and show off my outfit from yesterday.



chunky scarf: zara
layered sweater/tshirt: target
blazer: j.crew
cropped pants: urban outfitters
brogues: unidentifiable repetto knockoffs

I love the winter combination of olive, gray and black and I felt like Oliver Twist all day in my slouchy cropped pants. I've been craving menswear in my look lately and this outfit fulfilled my tomboyishly dapper fantasies. The pants are actually very thin and I wore them over break in Abu Dhabi with a gray t-shirt, flat sandals and my Wayfarers and felt very casually cool.


This is what my hair has been doing lately when I put it in my regular chignon. I rather like the wispiness in front. (excuse the vanity, please)

++
SB


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

and this is why i asked you to be my valentine. love it :)

ps. i tried on harem pants the other day from zara, but they really weren't working for me...

homemayde said...

love it. so glad to get your face in my blog fix. also loving your new banner--would this be part of your recent photoshoot? i give you two thumbs up on your block banner--who needs a skinny little bar anyway.

S.K.S. said...

You're hot and stylish. What's so vain in admitting to it? ;)

Love the new format. Keep it up dear.

SB said...

SM: yes! The picture is one that my incredibly talented sister Sara took and developed herself.

Sophia said...

....