Sunday, February 25, 2007

Beat of my Heart

The past week was uber busy, sorry for the lax posting! I lost my voice, had lots of classwork, AND I had to dance on a couple of tables(shout out to AA).

Yes I know, its tough being SB.

Anyways, I have 2 great looks left over from ny/london fashion week before I start going on and on about the beauty and splendor of the true fashion week: MILANO baby.

Vena Cava has one of the best names in fashion! I am a science nerd (don't judge, even Balenciaga is all about space/future and Marc has always been about geekchic) and Vena Cava (technically a vein to the heart) makes me chuckle.

I'm not particularly impressed by the black shift, eh I could pick something like that from Nordstrom BP.

What I love is the lush zigzag patterned scarf engulfing the model. It verges on decadence with the excess material spilling over her torso but it is still manageable. This look is more stylish than the pashmina we all rock by default.

This look is definitely wearable unlike the look from Giles Deacon's show below.
This looks like some borderline senile woman was over enthusiastic with her knitting and color choice. Unless you live in Siberia, this look is NOT acceptable. I am not even in the mood to get started on the feathered shoes accompanying this get-up.



++
SB

2 comments:

Sophia said...

agreed on the cool names. but may i remind you that "beat of my heart" is the name of hilary duff's hit singe in 2006. yes, dont go copping her work.

Anonymous said...

i literally could not stop laughing at the deacon look. that poor model, she barely looks big enough to carry all that orange fluff.
-MB