Monday, February 5, 2007

Willfully delicious

Matthew Williamson, British designer darling, has a very pretty fall 2007 collection.

Layering is one of his key styles: a shiny turtleneck under a floating frock. I love the chunky bracelets at the end of the tight turtleneck. yay for tights as well! I'm so glad they're such a huge presence on the runway.

My favorite look is this jewel toned blue dress. For reader SM, the mussy but collected look of this dress invokes memories of tousling in the sheets then hastily adjusting your top . The slightly off kilter strap is the result of this experience. The gem encrusted top looks like delicious candy bits. And eat it up I did, staring at this.

2 comments:

Sophia said...

why dont you show some bright spring stuff? im so ready for this cold weather to be gone. com'on, bring on the florals, the madras, and the patterned umbrellas!

Cassie said...

whoa I certainly hope HW doesn't hear SM making such scandalous analogies!!!