Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Time goes by...so slowly

SO if you're like me and you're late to class on a regular basis (salut to anyone in 9am intro to *****, you know you saw me 15 minutes late in my maroon beret) you're in desperate need of a timepiece to keep you on point.

Here are some non-traditional choices.
I'm not talking Timex but I'm still not talking Cartier, these babies range from cheap to close your eyes and type in your credit card number.
At least you wont look like an uninteresting 20 yr old still rockin that antiquated Fossil watch.

My favorite is this metallic Moschino watch from Bloomies. I love the bow detail which makes the masculine material look delicate. I especially like being able to see the links in the metal, like a modern day chain of armor. The gold watch is $210 while the silver is $175. I'd go for the silver personally, the gold could seem too costume jewlery'esque.
For a fun take on the leather watch, Tokyo bay is your source. This watch has so many quirks. The twisted orange and white leather is another option for those bored with the black double strap leather watch. The font of the 12 and 6 seem trippy and (along with the oval shape) remind me of Dali. I also adore the hour and minute hands.
You can tell a lot of time and thought was put into this timepiece and is well worth its price of $75 .
Those who want a bracelet watch should turn to this Marc by Marc Jacobs creation. from eluxury.com. For $175 you get a chain link bracelet AND a watch. (i'm trying to convince you that its a deal, but lets be honest, wait til your birthday or any other occasion to justify this watch).
Swatch has tons of adorable watches starting at the reasonable price of $50. One great watch is this mod dot watch. If you look closely (or on the website with their zoom) you can see that the dots even pass past the wristband. This watch can liven up any outfit!
And so, use your watch as more than a timepiece.
Any fashionista worth her Vogue subscription knows not to take herself (or her accessories) too seriously. Have fun! Enjoy being young and beautiful.

and take it easy,
SB

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the Tokyo timepiece nice work man that one might seriously make it into my collection...don't you be dissing the double leather strap though SB, its hot! So are you xoxoxoxox