Saturday, February 17, 2007

"Sex is Overexposed" - Cornejo

Sex bores me.
It's fun to wear the micromini and itty bitty tops but a little decolletage or a hint of ankle is far more intriguing for the people checking you out. Discretion in terms of your clothes is more interesting than pulling out the cheap trick of flesh.

Zero Maria Cornejo's collection was anti sex. It doesn't mean there wasn't any sex appeal in her clothes, it just wasn't as blatant as some other collections that substituted pants for tights.
The red sweater's first layer hugs the body so the ogler can admire the waist and graceful vneck. The second layer balloons outward and creates the illusion that the model is wearing something more formal than a sweater.
I can imagine throwing this sweater over skinny jeans and flats on a quick run to the city for dinner.


British designers Michael Herz and Graeme Fidler are the brains behind Aquascutum. Their fall 07 collection followed a similar vein as Cornejo's.
I love the narrow tailored capris with the voluminous cape. The brooch adds enough feminine detail to the ensemble to dispel yet another androgynous look.




++
SB

3 comments:

Sophia said...

Hmmm, I don't really know what to say. I guess I should just grab my micro mini and run.

Fareesa said...

I am loving the cape!! It is almost as hot as a capelet I saw today by this amazing celebutante...

Unknown said...

word, baby. word.