Monday, February 12, 2007

New Blood

I am a huge fan of up and coming designer Doo-Ri Chung who won the coveted CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund. The Doo.Ri fall 2007 collection had some interesting details added to otherwise normal jersey dresses like extra gathered material, creating a cocoon like bunching of the bottom of the dress.

I love the simple elegance of this Doo.Ri blouse from Neimans. The material drapes beautifully and the bottom straps are the extra touch of intrigue to the shirt. I loved the new options that Doo.Ri presented in terms of bunching and gathering jersey and gauze. There's no need for trinkets if the clothes are carved with care and finesse.

However, she had a few looks in her show that showed off the tried and tired "bubble skirt" style already popularized for the masses. Nothing is wrong with the masses, I happen to own a bubble skirt and rock it, however she is supposed to be fashions next new voice! Some of her looks were the bubble skirt for 2007, more material here a little less there and a new style was born! however, some were just boring. She's supposed to be the proenzaschouler, the zac posen, the new driving force and she's using the bubble skirt that every 8th grader in suburbia owns c/o forever 21!!

So Doo.Ri. I adore you and if I could afford your clothes I would wear them...often. But I was underwhelmed with your efforts this fashion week.
Please don't let me down!

++
SB

2 comments:

sdot said...

i love love LOVE the second one. but problem: no stick-skinny legs to pull it off with just tights underneath. on the other hand, a standard pair of jeans is too bulky for an already poofy top. what type of bottoms do you suggest with such a top? get at me sb, and keep doin' yo thang :)
much love and praise
sdot

SB said...

darling. just wear black skinny jeans and patent leather pumps.
solution found.
++
SB