Sunday, March 4, 2007

Crystal Clear

Giambattista Valli's show in Paris was filled with strong shapes and lovely bursts of color.

I call this look "little yellow riding hood" because the model is wearing a modern day cape with a bold knotted front. The bottom of the cape curls upwards creating a cocoon silhouette, another it shape.

This dress was the most stunning piece. Im sure all of the Euro socialites and American pseudeo socialites (scarjo, biel, olsen twins) mentally noted to make their assistants get the look. Swarovski crystals dot the swath of material covering her neck.
I love that the crystals stop after drizzling down the front and leave most of the dress unadorned so the shape is the main focus.
++
SB

1 comment:

Fareesa said...

OMG! I love both these dresses. I love the yellow color of the first one, but even more I love the second one. I love the way the neck is high yet does not appear to be choking the model. It drapes sooo nicely. And red, black, and white are my favorite colors together. Too bad this dress is a tad out of my price range. But for this, it may be time to break out the black card :)