Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Zip It

We've been plagued with so many trends in denim over the past couple of years. The flare, the skinny, the wide leg, the acid wash, the "I paid $200 bucks and all I got was this mangled piece of cotton", etc ad infinitum.

I'm still on the skinny jean bandwagon but I'm feeling the side zipped jean.
The zip refreshes the style adding a little rock and roll to your look.

Ksubi, formerly known as Tsubi, is the current gold standard of jeans.
Everyone from Madonna to the glitterati crew (i .e. La Lohan) has been spotted in Ksubi. If you've recently 1) won the lottery 2)hooked up with a investment banker or 3) had a birthday you can pick these up from Barneys for $215.


For a more reasonable alternative I'd recommend going to your local Urban Outfitters and looking for side zip Lux jeans.
I scoured the net for a pic but couldn't find any but I know they're in stores so go now.
I estimate their price to be about $60 and I promise you they are lovely!
One of my faves, NZ sported them last weekend in the dark rinse and the fit rivaled pricier options.

If you don't think this look has staying power, I'd recommend checking out the home of all that is cheap and trendy. Forever 21 has a pair of side zip jeans (in black also) for $33.
++
SB

No comments: